Aiming for Excellence in the 21st Century and Beyond
- Met Adequate Yearly Progress for the past three consecutive years: 2010, 2011, and 2012
- Received Honorable Mention Award for High Flying Schools 2012
- Principal and academic specialists hold data conferences with students to review their achievement plans
- Case 21 Benchmarks and Measure of Academic Progress (MAP) assessments are used to identify students' strengths and weaknesses
- Achieve 3000 Program is being used to increase students' achievement in reading
- Eighth Graders are preparing to become Scott's Branch New Tech High School
Freshmen by receiving ongoing training and tours of New Tech High Schools
- Eighth Graders are preparing to become Scott's Branch AVID students next Fall
Come grow with us!
Teamwork Makes the Dream Work
Dr. Gwendolyn Hudson Harris
Ms. Shelia Barringer
Dean of Students
Ms. Gwendolyn Snider
Mrs. Gloria Pugh
Ms. Cassie Nelson, CEOE
Scott's Branch Middle School's Mission
The mission of Scott's Branch Middle School is to create a safe learning environment that prepares its students academically, socially and emotionally to meet the challenges of a global, diverse society.
Scott's Branch Middle School (SBMS) is a Title One School
The district's Title I schools are continually monitoring the implementation of the Title I Plan and welcomes input from parents, school staff, and community members regarding its current and future Title I plans. If you would like to participate on the school's Title I Planning Team, please contact the principal, Mrs. Patricia R. Middleton, at 803-485-2043 or the district's Title I Coordinator, Mrs. Barbara Ragin at 803-485-2325 ext. 222.